Montana Banana has been hosting websites for 10 years. Through our experience we have established several key components to ensure that our hosting environment is reliable, scalable, and secure. Our servers are located in a state of the art high security data center at Rackspace Managed Hosting. Rackspace is a premiere bandwidth provider known for its reliability and "fanatical support". With Rackspace, multiple people are monitoring our servers at all hours of the day.
DOMAIN NAME REGISTRATION
- 50MB storage
- 1,000MB/month throughput
- FTP access to your site
- PHP enabled
- Secure Server (SSL)
- Additional bandwidth per month beyond the standard 1,000 MB
($10 per 1000 MegaBytes)
- Shopping Cart
- Database Integration and Connectivity
- POP accounts ($5/month each)
- IMAP accounts ($15/month each)
- Daily Visitor Statistics
- Email aliases (Regular backups included for free)
- $35/yr (Network Solutions' fee)
- Montana Banana servers are monitored 24/7 by a staff of technicians available for trouble-shooting. In the event of server problems, multiple alerts are triggered so that issues can be addressed immediately.
- Our server hardware is carefully selected to ensure a standardized and reliable infrastructure. Duplicates of all server hardware are kept on site so that failing hardware can be immediately replaced.
- The web servers are all built with RedHat Linux as the operating system, ensuring that our software infrastructure is built on a stable platform of technologies.
- Our infrastructure is designed to scale along with the growth of our clients' websites.
- New servers can be added within a day to accommodate bandwidth spikes.
- All systems are standardized so that growth is handled efficiently.
- Website data is protected from multiple possible bad scenarios. Backups of web files, data files, and system files are made daily and stored in an off-site facility. In the event of complete server failure, an entirely new server can be restored from these backups.
- The physical space where the servers are stored is protected by high security access, advanced fire protection, and robust power supply.
- The servers are protected from digital intrusion by multiple layers or filtering to stop denial of service attacks, hackers, and network disruptions.
- The servers are continually be updated with the latest security patches from our vendors.
- The hosting network is completely built on top of Cisco hardware and is regularly audited by Cisco to ensure proper configuration.